Monday, February 14, 2011

Finally done!

We started this project one year ago when Bryan's parents came out to see Ivy and Maya be blessed. We got the vision for it off Knock Off Wood (a fantastic blog with plans to build furniture that is similar to that found at Pottery Barn). We were gungho.


Bryan, Rob and Bob built two beds in a day. It was AMAZING. Well then a month or so later I got around to painting it and thought I would surprise Bryan by putting it together while he was at work I realized that it did not fit our bed. WHAT??? Seriously, how could that be? These three carpenters have touted the phrase "measure twice, cut once" so many times it is silly.  Nevertheless, we ended up with headboard and foot board that were about six inches too narrow and side boards that were about nine inches too long. HMMM. Bryan and I talked about ways to fix it and that is as far as it got. Bryan is soo busy and we were both discouraged. So there it sat propped up against our bedroom wall for several more months.

Then, while Bob has been here he promised to finish it up. They left to Rob's house this week but he is a man of his word and two days before he left he got it done. I painted it and the finished product looks great. If you ask me, I don't think you can even tell that the extra posts weren't part of the plan. "Mr. Fixit" has earned his title once again, and I am one happy girl. Finally, our bed is done and bedroom looks a little less cluttered. LOVE IT!




5 comments:

Melissa said...

It looks great!

Ashley said...

Oh I also love it more with the additions even, and your bedroom looks so great! I want to see your house.

Kim said...

I think I actually like that style better than the original. It looks really nice.

Andrea Grover said...

This is gorgeous! Good job to all involved! I've gotten some ideas from her blog as well ... I'm waiting for the weather to warm up before I go shopping for lumber.

Worle said...

awesome! It looks like a magazine, I love nice furniture!