Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Over the Rainbow


Lately I've been letting Eleanorer listen to The Little Mermaid station on Pandora when she sleeps. It includes songs from lots of Disney movies and Broadway musicals.

Last night Eleanore called me into her room (for about the 10th time) and I went in a little bit frustrated that she wasn't going to sleep, but asked her what she wanted. This was our conversation:

"Mom, you know this song?"

I listened and said, "Yes, it is Over the Rainbow" and then I started singing along.

She said, "This song reminds you of your Daddy, huh?"

I said, "Yes" (when hear that song I usually tell her it reminds me of my Dad, who was a Judy Garland fan).

She said, "Do you miss your Daddy."

I said, "Yes, I do." (Especially this week, he would have been 62 on Monday).

She said, "Don't worry mama, when Jesus comes again he'll get his body back and he'll give you a hug."

I smiled, kissed her good night and told her "I love you, baby."

Her sweet, innocent faith is so uplifting. I am continually amazed by my children.

4 comments:

Beadles said...

Okay now my turn for a story. When Audrey had radiation (last January in Jacksonville) she had three little blue tattoos placed on different parts of her body - it helped to line her up perfectly for the radiation. A couple of weeks ago we were having dinner with Ryan's sister and she didn't realize that Audrey had actual tattoos (because they look like pen marks) and she was a little bummed about it. Audrey commented, "Don't worry Aunt Sandy, Heavenly Father and Jesus will take them off."

Ashley said...

That is really sweet, she is so smart Emily! And I'm glad she knows about your dad so good. I need to do better at bringing my mom into more conversations with Thomas.

Michelle said...

What a smart girl. I love the birthday party too. I need you and Catherine to come throw Levi's second birthday party, fun stuff!

miri said...

Oh my goodness! So so sweet!! Just shows what great parents your little girls have to know that families can truly be together again.